Video That Produces the Most ROI
Measuring ROI has been a persistent challenge for Marketing Directors that new tools and advanced analytics haven't even been able to solve. Marketing is a complicated landscape and many factors contribute to whether it is effective or not. However, if you're looking for where to place your bets in 2018, there are staggering statistics pointing to video. Here are the 3 types of video producing the most ROI:
1. Product Videos
A new report from Liveclicker shows that almost 60% of retailers surveyed confirmed that for customers who watched a video on a product page, the average order value (AOV) increased by at least 50%.
Whether for YouTube or a landing page on your website, a product video should always be:
- Empathetic - address your buyer's problem and how your product solves it
- Simple - keep it brief – the shorter the better – and straightforward
- Engaging - whether you're hiring a professional or producing in house, focus on telling a story that will hold the interest of your audience
2. Branded Social Videos
Consumers spend around 6 hours per week watching video content on social media networks and 46% of consumers said they have made a purchase as a result of watching a brand video found there. Those surveyed have also said they watch more than double the amount of videos on social media than they did a year ago, so we can only assume this trend will continue to grow.
Data shows it can only benefit you to post all new video content to your social channels to maximize their value. Social video has been found to generate 1200% more shares than text and images combined. However, the posting of these videos should be treated strategically as with all content for social media.
3. Video in an Email
If you were thinking email marketing was becoming a losing game, think again. Hubspot claims that video within email inspires a 200-300% click through rate.
Here are a few ideas for using video within your upcoming email campaigns:
- Build a nurturing campaign around a series of value-based video content
- Featuring a brand video spot at the top of a newsletter
- Even sprinkling animated gifs throughout content could bring your emails to life
*computer.gif courtesy of Mailchimp
Hypeman has figured out how to deliver a stream of engaging video content at a price you can afford. Reach out to start a conversation about your next video.